Saturday, April 08, 2006

Meme: 11/22

Go to Wikipedia. Type in your birth date (but not year). List three events that happened on your birthday. List two important birthdays and one interesting death. Post this in your journal.

Events:

1922 - Egyptology: Howard Carter, assisted by Lord Carnarvon, opens the tomb of Tutankhamun.

1963 - John F. Kennedy assassination: In Dallas, Texas, US President John F. Kennedy is assassinated and Texas Governor John B. Connally is seriously wounded. Later the same day, US Vice-President Lyndon B. Johnson is sworn in as the 36th President of the United States.

1968 - The Beatles release the double-album The Beatles, commonly known as The White Album.


Birthdays:

1890 - Charles de Gaulle, President of France (d. 1970)

1950 - Steve Van Zandt, American musician


Death:

1718 - Blackbeard (Edward Teach), British pirate


This was a fun one! Of course the event that Changed My Life (and my kids' lives) is the centerpiece, but I was surprised to learn that a few other interesting things happened on that day as well. I've always been fascinated with King Tut ("Buried in his jammies!" --S. Martin); and with the Beatles in general, and in particular the White Album (for its eerie Manson Family connection). I didn't know I shared a birthday with Le Grand Charles, and I'm Little Steven's fangirl for his music and his role on my favorite TV show. And Blackbeard the pirate died on my birthday! Who knew? "ARRRRRR!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home