Sunday, March 26, 2006

I've Seen It!

Yesterday Young'un and I went to see "V for Vendetta". We loved it! I was spellbound, enthralled from beginning to end. Like some of my flist, I find the character V fascinating and compelling; Hugo Weaving does a magnificent job creating that character using only body language and his voice. Natalie Portman is breathtaking. It's serious, suspenseful business, but there's humor too -- notably a Benny Hill-like sequence that had me hysterical. The breakfast that was kind of a recurring theme brought back memories from my early teens. When I saw the piece of bread with a hole in the middle and an egg in the hole, cooked in the frying pan, I remembered how a friend's grandma used to make that for us when I stayed over. You never know what's going to bring back an old memory.

I just love this! Talk about wishful thinking. I got it from watertiger, who calls it "Bush gives one war speech too many":

Image hosting by Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home