Friday, January 13, 2006

I am STUFFED!!!!!

Stuffed, with many exclamation points! --No, I'm not stuffed with exclamation points, I'm stuffed with food. Husband, Young'un and I went out to dinner tonight at Chili's. We'd gotten a $25 gift card from Montana Stepdaughter & family, and we thought this might be a good time to use it. I'd had a somewhat trying day at work, so I ordered a frozen margarita to start. We also got an Awesome Blossom, the breaded fried onion thingie, because Husband loved the ones at Outback and I figured he'd go for this as well. (And he did.) While reading the menu I kept saying I wanted to get myself a dang quesadilla -- thinking of the similar line from "Napoleon Dynamite". I ended up with southwestern shrimp scampi with a small (dang) quesadilla explosion salad. Whoa! If that's a small one, I'd like to see the regular sized one. It was huge! I ate all the shrimp, but took about half of the salad home in one of those little styrofoam containers. Young'un had tacos with rice and beans (he didn't eat the beans), and Husband had a New York Strip steak.

Our bill was $52 and change. I got out the $25 gift card, then said "I think I've got another one here that still has some credit on it." I was thinking of a card that a friend gave me several years ago, that I hadn't used all up -- but when searching in the zipper compartment where I keep coupons, I found another $25 gift card! It was the one Montana Stepdaughter sent us last Christmas! So for just a couple of dollars and the tip, we had a fabulous dinner and a wonderful time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home