Sunday, March 26, 2006

Slapstick In Everyday Life

The funniest thing happened this evening! Just a little while ago, in fact. I was walking on the treadmill and reading a book as is my custom. Young'un came in to show me that he'd finished his paper for school and had everything together in a folder. After he showed it to me he tapped the end of the folder on the dashboard thingie in front of me. All of a sudden the treadmill took off like a striped-ass ape! It went ripping out from under my feet, and I was scrambling like crazy to keep up with it! Luckily I was holding on, so I never lost my balance; I just had to get my feet moving. I was squawking with surprise and dismay, and so was Young'un, and while I concentrated on not falling down he managed to hit the "off" button. The treadmill came to an abrupt halt, and I immediately started laughing like a maniac! He kept saying he was sorry, he didn't know how it happened, and worrying about me, but I wasn't hurt at all -- just hysterical! It must have looked so funny, like something that would happen to Lucille Ball or the Three Stooges.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home