Friday, July 14, 2006

Well, I'm on vacation.

I don't have my usual light-as-a-feather, it's-vacation-time euphoria, of course. I don't think about the Middle East all the time, just most of the time. I know I have to live a normal life, or as normal as possible, and I'm trying my damnedest. I really, really miss my parents at a time like this... but at least I have their example, and that gives me something to strive for.

All day I've been checking the news sites periodically; the Jerusalem Post and Ha'aretz, and Google News. I watched NBC News, and Countdown on MSNBC. I've been slightly nauseated most of the day, and when I watch news reports about Israel I come really close to throwing up but so far I haven't.

Husband and MIL are going on a road trip tomorrow, so Young'un and I will be going over to her house a couple of times to feed and exercise Chloe the pug. He's also going over to one of his friends' house, to spend the afternoon in the pool. Temperatures are supposed to be in the 90s all weekend. I plan to do something nice for myself, like a leisurely shopping trip -- I know if Mom were here she'd be urging me to be very kind to myself.

1 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Good luck on your vaction.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home