Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A day of "down time".

I didn't do much of anything today. Got some laundry folded, straightened up the house a little; that's about it. At lunchtime I suggested we go to the Chinese Buffet for their $4.95 lunchtime special, and Husband and Young'un responded with enthusiasm. Off we went to stuff ourselves, and everything was delicious as always. However, when I got home I just wanted to lie down -- could hardly keep my eyes open for some reason. Just a quick nap...

When I woke up it was about 4:00 PM, rain was pounding the roof, and the sky outside was greeny-dark. Uh-oh. Was it supposed to do this? No matter, it was doing it, and downstairs I could hear the "tornado warning" announcement on TV. The wind was high, for sure. I went out the front door to look across the field, to the southwest, as I usually do in these situations. I didn't see any funnel clouds.

By 5:30 I decided I should make something for supper. I turned the TV to the national news... and found that it's very interesting to prepare a meal while having the dry heaves. This was the worst ever as far as my reaction. At one point they said Israel had called up more reserves, and I immediately ran to the computer to log on -- and found out somebody had turned it off. I turned it back on, then couldn't get on the internet. SHIT! That had happened the other morning when I turned it on, too. So I tried turning everything off, turning the router off, then back on... still nothing.

I flipped out. Sometimes I just can't take one more frustration. In tears I ran upstairs and asked Young'un to help me. He hurried to my rescue, and soon had everything working properly. I'd done almost everything I needed to do, except I should've also unplugged and replugged the wireless router in my off-and-on routine. Meantime Husband had come in and seen my distress, and he concentrated on comforting me while Young'un fixed the computer.

Honestly, I'm usually not this high-maintenance! It doesn't seem like me at all... I don't feel quite like me. I'm more upset than I let myself know. It kind of reminds me of the first few weeks after my father died -- I wrote in my notebook then that I "feel like I'm going around with an arm torn off, dealing with the shock and blood and pain, and somehow having to live my life and do the daily things that need to be done at work and at home..." Yes, that's about the way it feels now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home