Saturday, July 16, 2005

Time, time, time, look what's become of me

The 16th of July, another hot, sunny, humid day high on a hill above the beautiful Illinois. Right now I feel like a ball of energy at rest, kinetic, held in place by all the things I'm not doing. But when I decide what direction to go in, I'll start to move and I won't stop! It's a great way to feel on a Saturday morning in the season I love best.

I can just barely believe how fast the summer is going. I wish I could grab ahold with both hands and say, "SLOW DOWN!" I wouldn't even mind that that would mean spending more time at work; I love my job. (Even when it's kind of a meatgrinder, as it's been this week.) The older I get, the faster time goes by. I can't go fast enough to keep up! --Or am I looking at this backwards? Maybe that's the problem exactly: as I get older my natural pace is slowing down, and I have to work harder to keep up.

("It takes all the running you can do to stay in the same place. If you want to get somewhere, you'll have to run much faster than that!" All I need to know about life, I learned from Lewis Carroll.)


I got this from Pam:



Your Blogging Type is Artistic and Passionate
You see your blog as the ultimate personal expression - and work hard to make it great.
One moment you may be working on a new dramatic design for your blog...
And the next, you're passionately writing about your pet causes.
Your blog is very important - and you're careful about who you share it with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home