Friday, July 01, 2005

Tom Cruise is crazier than a shithouse rat.

He went off on Matt Lauer in an interview on the Today Show. They were discussing Brooke Shields' book, in which she talks about how anti-depressants relieved her post-partum depression. Tom Cruise went into a rant about how psychiatry is a pseudo-science, Ritalin is a street drug -- it was just amazing.

Here's a link to an article about it: Tom and Matt

Now I have no problem with this high-school dropout believing he knows more about psychiatry than doctors with eight or more years of college education. I don't even have a problem with him believing he knows more about post-partum depression than someone who's actually experienced it (such as Brooke Shields or myself). However, he must realize that when he goes on television and says so, he's going to sound like a raving nutjob.

My guess is he saw what Michael Jackson can get away with, and asked himself "Why am I knocking myself out trying to appear normal?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home