Saturday, February 19, 2005

ChoicePoint: The Inevitable Comes To Pass

Well, it looks like ChoicePoint has screwed the pooch big time. They're the outfit that bought the company where I worked for twelve years, where I had my internship; the first place I ever worked in IT. That company just does direct marketing, not the mailing list/name selling business that has just gone so desperately bad on the parent company... but they're probably not exactly proud to be bearing the ChoicePoint name right now. That's a name that's going to stink for awhile.

I was gone before ChoicePoint bought the place, but some friends who were still there told me that the new management was basically just like what we had before the sale. Considering that, it was inevitable that a disaster of this magnitude would occur. The last few years I worked at that company, their management style was a master class in how NOT to run a business. So now ChoicePoint has screwed the pooch, and they've screwed us too. All we can do is wait for our letters, keep an eye on our credit ratings, and obsess over our credit card statements every month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home